Search This Blog

Thursday, March 4, 2010

My Historical Christmas Experience 2009



You know it’s Christmas when the nights are longer and the days are shorter. You know it’s Christmas when the cool air is already embracing your warm body. You know it’s Christmas when every house that you can see has decorations and Christmas lights preparing for the coming of our Savior. We are very excited when Christmas season is approaching especially when you experience the signs that were mentioned above. Every year, more than 400 million people celebrate Christmas all over the world.
Christmas is a very special day for me because it is the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ. My Christmas experience was just fair. I spent it with my relatives. Although it was a special day for me, I was not happy then because I did not yet experience Christmas with my family. They were abroad and my parents were separated. I am the only child in our family. Every Christmas, they were not beside me. How I wish they were here by my side accompanying me to open my gifts, laugh with me, telling stories, pray with me and most of all to join me in the “Noche Buena”. This is my greatest wish not only on Christmas but in everyday of my life which can never happen because of our situation. I envy those families who were in tact and their bond were very strong but I understand them and I accepted that they were separated since I was 8 years old because they don’t love each other anymore. This is always the scenario of my experience every Christmas but I don’t take it negatively. I took it as a challenge for me and it opened my eyes to what is really the true meaning of Christmas. Every Christmas season, I usually gave gifts to my relatives and to the needy as a sign of sharing what I have. I am thanking Jesus for coming into my life because I can’t imagine life without Him. He gave me the strength to overcome all my problems and made my Christmas memorable by seeing its true spirit that was within me.
Christmas is not just about opening presents but opening our hearts. It is not how plenty the food but how you share it with others. This is what I have learned base on my experience. Though I’m not with my family, they were happy to hear that I spent it in good ways. I hope you would be inspired with my little yet memorable experiences.

0 comments: